Before purchasing a Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) it is important to make sure that you are asking the right questions to the potential provider. Finding out if the CMMS will match your specific needs is vital in order to be able to smoothly implement your software into your business. We recommend really digging deep and conducting thorough research into various CMMS providers and not just going with the cheapest option or first one that catches your eye.
Here we have created a list of the top 5 questions we think are important to ask before buying a CMMS:
1. What is the training/ onboarding process? (support, FAQs)
It is very important that when you choose your CMMS provider that they not only provide you with training at the start of your journey but also provide you with support throughout your time using your new maintenance software. The onboarding process is key to guiding you through the setup process and making sure you feel comfortable and confident using the software. We recommend that you find out what training is offered, who the point of contact is for any questions and what support is available going forward, for example, user guides or video tutorials.
2. Do you offer the correct type of maintenance for my business?
Before buying a CMMS it’s important to ensure that it offers the correct type of maintenance that you require, this can either be reactive or planned maintenance or in some cases both are needed for your business. This is because planned maintenance should help to avoid expensive reactive maintenance fees by scheduling maintenance checks to suit your business needs.
3. Can your CMMS software scale as your business grows?
An important question to ask before buying a CMMS is if it will be able to accommodate your future requirements. This is crucial for any startup companies or small businesses looking to purchase a CMMS, as growth for the business is expected. This can vary from an increase in data, users, sites or assets. Therefore, ensuring that your maintenance software supports the growth of your business is vital.
4. Is the CMMS user friendly?
A CMMS needs to be user friendly in order for people to purchase them and continue to stick with them again and again. A CMMS cannot only be for tech-savvy users, it needs to be easy to use for everyone. Although training and support should be available to teach users how to operate the system, it should not be an extremely difficult system for employees to get to grips with.
5. Is it mobile / web-based?
It is important to find out if the CMMS you are looking to buy is mobile and web-based or installed. A mobile and web-based CMMS will allow you to access the software either via a website or a specific app. It is also useful to make sure that the CMMS will keep all of your data safe, secure and protected at all times.
What we offer here at FaultFixers -
- An Onboarding guide talking you through everything you need to know about setting up your new CMMS
- Various How-To video tutorials on our website to help you become familiar with how to use different features
- We are on hand to help you with questions and software support, just get in touch with a member of our team!
- A long list of useful features to suit your business needs, including, Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), fault reporting, detailed asset registers, in-app messaging, digital forms & checklists and so much more!
- Our software is made easy for you! We are a one-stop platform to achieve clear and simple maintenance for your business making us extremely user friendly
- Available on any device: mobile, tablet or desktop. Also on both iOS and Android
- All of your data will be kept safe and secure at all times!
Get in touch with us to find out more about what we do and if we are the right CMMS provider for you!